Saturday, September 6, 2008

E4D. . .What??

I just returned from the D4D Technologies in Richardson, TX (Dallas) where I attended E4D University. Okay what am I talking about, right? D4D = Dream, Design, Develop, Deliver. E4D = Empowering Dentistry. The E4D is a CAD/CAM unit that will make it possible for us to do same day crowns for our patients. They come in for a crown prep like usual, but instead of an impression, we scan several images of the prep and then design the crown on our computer, then mill it right in our office. No more temporaries. Well once again, I am out of my box with the computer stuff, but it is really cool. We did a lot of scanning and designing and actually milled a couple crowns while we were there. Learned about staining and glazing (also out of my box, an artist I am not). We should be getting our unit installed at our office in the next couple of weeks, I can't wait!!

No comments: