Thursday, August 28, 2008

One Year Down

Well we have officially lived in Idaho for 1 year as of the 27th. In some ways I can't believe it has only been a year and yet in other ways it seems like we've been here a long time. I have to say I love living here. I love the weather here, I love my job here, I love my bible study friends. That said, I miss my old house, I miss working with Hope, We really miss our friends. . .A LOT!!!!! I miss having "couple friends or family friends" I miss going to the store and knowing half the people I see and at least recognizing most of the other half (that said I can go get my groceries alot faster now). I miss going to the games and knowing the kids on the field, knowing wether or not they can do better, or if they are playing the best they ever have , knowing the parents in the crowd. I miss going to church and having a personal relationship with my pastor, I miss my pastor knowing my name, how many kids I have, how many brothers and sisters I have, wether or not my parents live close or far, etc., I miss having friends at church, knowing almost every person sitting around me, being missed if I am not there. . . the list goes on, and on, and on. . . and I haven't even mentioned family. . that is too much to describe.

I think back to those last couple of weeks we were in Gaylord, and am in awe at how much we were loved by some really great people. They just showed up and helped, and helped, and helped. . .I LOVE YOU GUYS!! I remember pulling out of my driveway for the last time, and thinking what am I doing?? Why am I leaving these awesome people?? Those last few days and the 3 days it took us to get here, and the weeks to follow were some of the sadest, most difficult days I have lived through. I look back and can't believe I made it through. . .but for the grace of God.

So here we are now, and we are getting into the groove. But I am sure it will never be as deep a groove as we had in Gaylord. We miss you, We love you, Please come visit!!!!

2 comments:

lucky mama said...

Oh my.........pass me the Kleenex - seriously!! Why are you here?! Go back, go back!! (just kidding)...I have loved getting to know you this year...chin up! :)

Pastor Adam said...

Hi Schriebers,

Okay, I am in tears. Thanks so much for the words. I needed that. Words cannot express the joy in my heart when your names are mentioned and I will never forget your name.

Adam